Brief : Early 2009, we were called by the client to create a company brochure as a marketing collateral. Like most collaterals, it was in English. Towards the end of 2009, client Pantai Hospitals was heading to Dubai for a roadshow and for the very first time we faced the challenged on replacing the english text with Arabic. None of us, Paper Cut nor the client read and write Arabic. Finally we got a professor at our local university to translate and proofread the text.
However, the translation wasnt the biggest challenged yet. The headache kicked in when we copied the Arabic text onto Illustrator and next thing we knew, the program automatically inserts the text from left to right, while Arabic reads from right to left! Special thanks to event company over at Dubai for giving us a hand and we got everything sorted at the very last minute